In order to comply with federal regulations, please certify the following
- I am a U.S. citizen, or have been granted U.S. permanent residence ("Green Card" holder) or status as a "protected person" under 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3); or I am a corporation, business, organization, or group incorporated in the United States under U.S. law.
- I do not live in the State of New York and I do not have a New York driver's license.
- I do not own a business that primarily operates in the State of New York.
- I am an 'accredited investor' within the meaning of Regulation D under the Securities Act.
- I agree that I must demonstrate that I have sufficient net worth or annual income to qualify as an "accredited investor" before I can participate in Kowala SEZC's sale.
- I certify that none of the "bad actor" "Disqualification Events" (as defined in Regulation D) apply to me, except, if applicable, for a Disqualification Event as to which Rule 506(d)(2)(ii) or (iii) or (d)(3) is applicable.
- I am a non-U.S. person who does not live or work in the United States.
- I am not a U.S. citizen.
- I am not a U.S. permanent resident ("Green Card" holder).
- I do not have protected status in the United States as a refugee or person granted asylum.
- I am not a corporation, business, organization, or group incorporated or organized in the United States under U.S. law.
- I do not live or work in any of the following: Belarus, Burundi, the Cayman Islands, Central African Republic, the People's Republic of China, Cuba, Iran, Libya, North Korea, Somalia, Sudan and Darfur, Syria, the Crimea Region, or Zimbabwe.
- I am not a citizen of any of the following: Belarus, Burundi, the Cayman Islands, Central African Republic, the People's Republic of China, Cuba, Iran, Libya, North Korea, Somalia, Sudan and Darfur, Syria, the Crimea Region, or Zimbabwe.
- I certify my viewing this website, including the materials contained on this website, and participating in Kowala SEZC's sale will not violate, or cause a violation of, any laws of my jurisdiction.
KOWALA IS CREATING MONEY DESIGNED TO BE FAST, STABLE, AND RELIABLE
THE kUSD BLOCKCHAIN CONSISTS OF 2 TOKENS — mUSD MINING TOKENS AND kUSD STABLE-VALUE PAYMENT TOKENS THAT TARGET A VALUE OF $1 USD
mUSD owners earn kUSD for their mining efforts. Mining is user-friendly, energy efficient and does not require any special hardware. The more mUSD you own, the more kUSD you can potentially earn.Learn more about mUSD
kUSD is a payment token designed to target a stable value that is distributed through mUSD owners. The total number of kUSD expands and contracts depending on real-time market conditions. Only mUSD owners can mine kUSD.Learn more about kUSD
Eiland Glover discusses stability, timelines and applications in his keynote at the 2018 Beyond Blocks Summit in Tokyo
Eiland Glover talks about stability in the growing cryptocurrency and blockchain industries in his keynote at Token 2049 in Hong Kong
kUSD is a digital currency that targets a stable value of $1 USD
mUSD mining token owners have exclusive rights to mine kUSD
New kUSD are minted automatically by the blockchain to satisfy market demand. The total number of kUSD is not pre-set, but is constantly and automatically adjusted by the blockchain. The number of kUSD can grow into the millions, billions, and beyond to satisfy market demand for kUSD. All newly minted kUSD are distributed to actively mining mUSD owners.
ABOVE $1 AND RISING
When the weighted average price of kUSD is above 1 USD, the blockchain will increase the amount of kUSD minted each block.
BELOW $1 AND FALLING
When the weighted average price of kUSD is below 1 USD and falling, transaction fees are increased and burned by being sent to a dead-end address.
Mint your own money with mUSD
In order to mine kUSD, you have to own mUSD
As a hybrid proof-of-stake protocol, mining kUSD has important advantages over legacy blockchains
User Friendly Mining
You don't need to be a blockchain nerd to mine kUSD. In fact, you don't even need your own computer. You can mine in the cloud. Kowala makes it easy for you to set up your mUSD to mine and begin reaping block rewards.
Traditional mining is a competitive business where the winner takes all. Konsensus, Kowala's implementation of Tendermint, however, ingeniously orchestrates consensus more rapidly, with less energy use and higher transaction throughput.
No special hardware required
Unlike most other cryptocurrencies, you don't need a volcano-powered, snow-cooled supercomputer to mine kUSD. You can use your laptop, or even a cheap server in the cloud.
Calculating Mining Rewards
Below are two scenarios where market cap growth translates into block reward revenue for mUSD owners. These scenarios are for illustrative purposes only.*
Kowala will create a total of 1,073,741,824 mUSD tokens. mUSD owners can earn newly minted kUSD created by the blockchain as the demand for kUSD increases. In addition, mUSD owners can also earn the transaction fees included in a mined block.
You spend $25,000 to buy 255,102 mUSD for $0.098 per token. You then use these mUSD to mine for the entire first year after launch of kUSD. The demand for kUSD is high, and the blockchain creates 1 billion kUSD over the course of the year to satisfy this demand. Under these circumstances, you would expect to earn the following number of kUSD:
Therefore, if kUSD maintains a value of approximately $1 USD, your annual kUSD earnings could be expected to have a value of approximately $237,582 USD.
|mUSD cost basis (per token)||$0.098|
|mUSD cost basis (total)||$25,000|
|YR1 kUSD market cap growth||$1 billion|
|YR1 kUSD earnings (from block rewards only)||$237,582**|
You spend $85,000 to buy 867,346 mUSD at $0.098 per token and use these mUSD to mine for the entire first year after launch of kUSD. The demand of kUSD is modest over the first 4 months and then begins to pick up. At the end of the year, the market cap for kUSD has grown to 250 million kUSD. Under these circumstances, you would expect to earn the following number of kUSD:
Therefore, if kUSD maintains a value of approximately $1 USD, your annual kUSD earnings could be expected to have a value of approximately $201,944 USD.
|mUSD cost basis (per token)||$0.098|
|mUSD cost basis (total)||$85,000|
|YR1 kUSD market cap growth||$250 million|
|YR1 kUSD earnings (from block rewards only)||$201,944**|
** Based on a value of $1 USD per kUSD; this value is not guaranteed. Currently, there is no market for kUSD, and one may not develop in the future.
Kowala's mission is to create intuitive and accessible payment platforms
We have been building the Kowala Protocol since 2016. We want to make it simple for every person to have total control over his or her money and transact safely and securely with the entire world instantly at little or no cost. Our goal is to finally realize the promise of decentralized financial transactions for everyone.
We have come a long way since we started in 2016
- Founded in 2016 and grown to a globally distributed team of 16 people
- Bootstrapped and raised seed equity in 2017 of $600,000
- Sold $3.5M worth of mUSD tokens in a limited pre-sale
- Filed patents in the U.S. and internationally — patent pending in U.S. (16/140,407) and PCT (US/18/52492)
- kUSD blockchain alpha mainnet launched with Kowala's Tendermint derived Konsensus mechanism
- The core of our technology is open-source and is actively being developed on GitHub
- Established key partnerships with exchanges, payment providers and wallets:
TERMS OF SALE
Kowala is selling future rights to receive 375,809,638 mUSD mining tokens for $0.098 per token. Most individuals worldwide are eligible to participate in this sale. However, participating U.S. citizens and residents must be accredited investors.
|Price per token||$0.098|
|Current Token Bonus||20%|
|Hard Cap||(includes pre-sale) ** $36,000,000|
|Number of mUSD Tokens||(35% of total) 375,809,638|
|Start Date||October 24, 2018 9:00 PM EST|
|End Date||December 14, 2018 9:00 PM EST|
|Accepted Payment Methods||USD (Wire Transfer), ETH, BTC|
Before the kUSD blockchain launches, Kowala will mint 1,073,741,824 mUSD. Once the initial amount is minted, a smart contract feature will prevent additional mUSD tokens from being created.
These mUSD tokens are anticipated to be allocated in the following way: 20% to Kowala, 20.5% to partners, 10% to advisors and the Kowala team, and 14.5% to previous pre-sale token purchasers. The remaining 35% will be made available for purchasers participating in this sale.
Kowala is a for-profit company organized in the Cayman Islands. We plan on using the Company’s mUSD mining tokens to mine on the kUSD blockchain along with other mUSD token owners, and Kowala will be entitled to receive the same block rewards as other mUSD owners.
Additionally, we plan on using some of the proceeds earned from mining to actively trade kUSD on our own account in order to generate trading profits.
Kowala intends to use partner tokens to incentivize partnerships that promise to increase the distribution and adoption of kUSD, support the stability and liquidity of kUSD, and drive kUSD organic growth. We believe such partnerships can lead to greater utility for kUSD, a higher market cap, and ultimately greater block rewards for our mining community.
Upon completion of the sales process you will have a legally binding sales agreement. Kowala expects to to provide the following process for the purchase of mUSD tokens:
- FILL OUT OUR ORDER FORM. Interested purchasers must first provide the requested info on our order form.
- PROVIDE KYC/AML DOCUMENTATION. All purchasers, at a minimum, will be required to provide valid proof of identification (i.e. passport or government issued photo id). Additional documentation may be requested.
- (U.S. PURCHASERS ONLY) VERIFY STATUS AS AN ACCREDITED INVESTOR. We will provide a link to a third-party service (VerifyInvestor.com) in order to complete this step.
- EXECUTE YOUR SALES AGREEMENT. Kowala will email you a sales agreement to digitally sign and return with HelloSign.
- SEND PAYMENT. Once all the information and documents provided by you have have been reviewed and approved, you will be given instructions on how to make payment. Payment is accepted in the form of BTC, ETH or USD Wire Transfer.
- DONE! Prior to Boötes launch you will receive instructions on how to take custody of your mining tokens.
THERE MAY BE ADDITIONAL MATERIAL RESTRICTIONS UNDER THE LAWS OF THE JURISDICTION WHERE ANY PROSPECTIVE PURCHASER RESIDES THAT LIMIT SUCH PROSPECTIVE PURCHASER'S ABILITY TO PURCHASE OR TRANSFER ANY SECURITIES THAT MAY BE OFFERED BY KOWALA SEZC.